I work in Combinatorial Game Theory with connections to other combinatorial areas. My focus is on placement games, specifically those which relate to designs, posets, simplicial complexes, and other combinatorial objects. For more information, my research statement is available here.
As a postdoctoral fellow at Carleton University, I currently work with Brett Stevens on placement games played on combinatorial designs.
For my undergraduate research, I worked in Coding Theory under the supervision of Tim Alderson.
- Svenja Huntemann and Neil A. McKay. Enumerating Domineering Positions. Submitted.
- Svenja Huntemann. The Value Set of Strong Placement Games. Submitted. (Preprint)
- Svenja Huntemann, Richard J. Nowakowski, and Carlos Pereira dos Santos. Bounding Game Temperature Using Confusion Intervals. Submitted. (Preprint)
- Kyle Burke, Silvia Heubach, Melissa A. Huggan, and Svenja Huntemann. Keeping Your Distance is Hard. To appear in: Games of No Chance 6. (Preprint)
- Sara Faridi, Svenja Huntemann, and Richard J. Nowakowski. Simplicial Complexes are Game Complexes. Electronic Journal of Combinatorics 26(3) (2019) P3.34.
- Sara Faridi, Svenja Huntemann, and Richard J. Nowakowski. Games and Complexes II: Weight Games and Kruskal-Katona Type Bounds. In Urban Larsson, editor, Games of No Chance 5, vol. 70 of MSRI Publications, 305-319. Cambridge University Press, 2019. (Preprint)
- Sara Faridi, Svenja Huntemann, and Richard J. Nowakowski. Games and Complexes I: Transformation via Ideals. In Urban Larsson, editor, Games of No Chance 5, vol. 70 of MSRI Publications, 293-304. Cambridge University Press, 2019 (Preprint)
- Tim L. Alderson and Svenja Huntemann. The Partition Weight Enumerator and Bounds on MDS codes. Atlantic Electronic Journal of Mathematics, 6:1-10, 2014.
- Svenja Huntemann and Richard J. Nowakowski. Doppelgänger Placement Games. Recreational Mathematics Magazine, 1:55-61, 2014.
- Tim L. Alderson and Svenja Huntemann On Maximum Lee Distance Codes. Journal of Discrete Mathematics. Vol. 2013. Article ID 625912. doi:10.1155/2013/625912
- The Class of Strong Placement Games: Complexes, Values, and Temperature (PhD Thesis)
- Simplicial Complexes of Placement Games (Master's Thesis)
- The upper bound of general Maximum Distance Separable codes (Honours Thesis)